1845 - Program Coordinator (Accreditation and Strategic Planning Coordinator)
This position is in the Cross Functional Operations division within the Performance Improvement section of the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 51
Plans, coordinates, monitors and participates in administrative and operational activities associated with a specialized program within Pima County. Supervises staff and performs program-related community relations activities. A "Program" is a single, specific purpose/activity and is ancillary to the main function of the organization. Typically the longevity and funding of a "program" are subject to internal and external factors.
Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation - accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Plans, organizes, coordinates and administers the activities of a specialized program within Pima County;
Assists the Program Manager or department director in developing and establishing program goals and objectives;
Evaluates program effectiveness and measures/reports on program success;
Supervises, trains and evaluates staff, determines work assignments and priorities and participates in personnel selection;
Monitors program-specific legislation and ensures program compliance with applicable regulations;
Performs public relations activities as a program representative, makes program-related presentations to the general public, prepares and presents news releases and other media materials and participates in the development of community awareness programs;
Coordinates the development of training and informational materials to promote public understanding of program activities, services and requirements;
Establishes and maintains liaison relationships and coordinates program activities with other departments, public and private agencies, organizations and groups;
Conducts meetings to resolve problems, address issues, discuss program goals and objectives and disseminate information;
Monitors grants, program contracts and/or contractor performance;
Participates in the development of the program budget and supervises the monitoring and administration of program funds;
Conducts program-related studies and prepares written reports and recommendations;
Prepares routine and special program status reports for federal, state and county agencies;
Analyzes data and prepares program activity reports and statistical materials for management review;
May access or maintain specialized databases containing program-specific information to record activity or generate reports;
May write and submit grant applications and prepare/review proposals.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and techniques of public relations and media resources;
- community agencies, organizations and resources;
- principles and practices of effective supervision and program administration;
- federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations;
- principles and practices of grant administration;
- budgeting and fiscal accountability;
- data and statistical analysis techniques and application to planning studies and projects;
- principles and techniques of effective communication to include written composition and public speaking;
- applications of automated information systems.
Some positions within this classification require knowledge of program-specific terminology, principles, practices and procedures.
- planning, organizing and coordinating program activities;
- communicating effectively;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with governmental agencies, community and special interest groups;
- supervising, training and evaluating personnel;
- identifying needs and developing and implementing programs to meet those needs;
- preparing budgets and monitoring funds;
- data analysis and report preparation;
- use of automated information systems to maintain or produce data.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public health, public administration, project management or related field and three years of experience coordinating, monitoring, and/or administering program activities or providing professional level administrative support for a program or specialized work unit (See Special Notice section for additional requirements). (Relevant professional level experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
(2) Four years of experience with Pima County in a professional administrative classification.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Masters degree in public health, public administration, project management, or related field.
- At least two (2) years experience with organizational strategic planning.
- Experience with public health accreditation.
- At least two (2) years experience with program planning and development.
- At least one (1) year experience with group facilitation.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/score against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidates from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process. Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicants suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services review and approval of the candidates driving record.
Special Notice: Some positions within this classification carry a low risk of exposure to infectious diseases. Therefore, special medical screening prior to or during employment may be necessary to ensure employee health and safety. The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position. Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation - accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.