Phoenix Union High School District
21 / 22 FY REGIONAL SOCIAL WORKER
Posted over 1 month ago
- 21/22 FY REGIONAL SOCIAL WORKER JobID: 5322
- Position Type:
Certified-Non Teacher/SOCIAL WORKER
- Date Posted:
CEE - STUDENT & FAMILY SERVICES
- Closing Date:
OPEN TILL FILLED
- Administers assessments and facilities targeted programming related to issues resulting in out-of-school suspension.
- Designs and coordinates instructional programming reflective of restorative justice values and practices that support the social and emotional learning of students and behavior change.
- Writes and communicates re-entry plans with home school support services team and supervising campus administrator following the students successful completion of intervention programming.
- Maintains accurate up-to-date student records for all students, including attendance, participation, case notes, observations, and any other relevant data points; provides data to the home-school support team, administration, and supervising district administrator.
- Works collaboratively with community agencies, other support staff personnel, administration, and district office staff to facilitate effective program implementation.
- Provides professional development, workshops, in-service for campus teams, students, and parents related to student behaviors and interventions.
- Engages in on-going professional development including the most recent best practices related to prevention, intervention, and clinical services.
- Works closely with campus and District Administration to ensure compliance with applicable Board policies, as well as State, and Federal rules, regulation, and statutes.
- Attends District and campus meetings as required.
- Masters Degree in Social Work and three or more of school-based social work experience.
- Licensed by the Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as LCSW.
- Experience, licensures, and/or certification in substance abuse counseling preferred.
- Hold an active, in good standing license.
- Experience in an urban school, mental health and/or alternative placement setting preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse and multi-cultural populations.
- Experience in designing and facilitating trainings and intervention programming preferred.
Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Regional Social Worker DIVISION: Student and Family Services
WORK YEAR: 9 months DEPARTMENT: Student Services
LOCATION: Districtwide SALARY SCHEDULE: Certified
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The regional social worker will coordinate and facilitate the alternative intervention programming for students who received an off-campus suspension for substance related infractions and severe behaviors.
Executive Director, Student Family Services or designee