Phoenix Union High School District
21 / 22 SY- AVID TUTOR
Posted 17 days ago
- 21/22 SY- AVID TUTOR JobID: 6119
- Position Type:
Classified Instructional Support/AVID TUTOR
- Date Posted:
TREVOR G. BROWNE HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Determine the focus of and conduct tutorial sessions that underscore the principle of collaborative learning and the practice of students teaching other students through discussion of class and text notes.
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, read arounds, revision, and editing.
- Guide students with strategies to shoulder the responsibility for their own active learning that they will become accustomed to using independently.
- Reinforce the idea that learning extends far beyond mere studying to form the basis for long term accomplishments.
- Maintain familiarity with students textbooks and materials and AVID classroom resources so to assist with teaching students study skills and other aspects of college preparation.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes, and learning logs.
- Acknowledge the individuality of all AVID students and work to develop their academic and personal pride.
- Assist the AVID coordinator as requested, such as contacting teachers regarding course outlines and assignment schedules, helping with field trips, contacting parents, etc.
- Assist in developing a resource file of enrichment materials for use in tutorial sessions.
- Communicate regularly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress, tutorial plans, and areas of concern.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Enrolled and maintains enrollment at a college or university while employed OR currently has a college or university degree.
- Effectively demonstrate: oral and written communication skills; advocacy for students; responsibility to AVID coordinator/teacher.
- Good command of the English language as well as basic knowledge of the subject that is being taught in the program.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students, and parents.
- Experience with computer hardware and software, audio-visual and other instructional equipment.
- Second language preferred for ELL assignments.
Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
|POSITION TITLE:||AVID Instructional Assistant||DIVISION:||Curriculum|
|WORK YEAR:||Temporary/9 month||DEPARTMENT:||General Elective|
|LOCATION:||Schools||SALARY SCHEDULE:||Temporary/Support Services|
HOURLY RATE OF PAY $12.64, PART TIME, 19.5 HOURS PER WEEK?
Under the leadership of the site AVID Coordinator and administrator, the AVID Instructional Assistant performs instruction related services; works directly with students and AVID elective teachers. Performs job related duties as assigned.