Phoenix Union High School District
21 / 22 SY - CREDENTIALS SPECIALIST (CC#4909)
- 21/22 SY - CREDENTIALS SPECIALIST (CC#4909) JobID: 6373
- Position Type:
Classified Support Staff/CREDENTIALS SPECIALIST
- Date Posted:
TREVOR G. BROWNE HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
- Requests student records from external organizations, educational institutions, and other agencies.
- Evaluates and verifies transcripts of students transferring into the District to create a District transcript; notifies appropriate office when credits are not acceptable.
- Inputs and maintains computerized student data (e.g., transfers grades from the grade file to the course history file, updates the GPA file after grades have been transferred to the course history file); runs and uses management reports (e.g., the mark exception report) to ensure that data (e.g., transcript information, credits, rank, grades and test scores in the course history file) is complete and accurate.
- Prepares and validates graduation and diploma lists. Prepares and maintains student class ranking lists; calculates student ranking manually, when necessary.
- Assists in registering and scheduling students; analyzes students credit needs and schedules to ensure they are enrolled into the correct classes and on track to graduate. Processes and distributes grade verification reports.
- Updates hard-copy and electronic records of the registration office. Assists in generating reports related to registration office functions. Prepares transcripts for back-up restoration.
- Performs general clerical functions to include greeting parents, providing general information to the public, responding to incoming telephone calls, responding to incoming mail.
- Provides reports/information to campus administration, teachers, District offices, and other educational institutions and outside agencies from student records.
- Compiles information for grade reports and non-graduate letters; notifies counselors and parents as appropriate.
- Maintains permanent record of students attending alternative schools (e.g., night schools, correspondence schools and Phoenix Special Programs); as directed, monitors the graduation status of such students.
- Supports the relationship between the Phoenix Union High School District and the public by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior when interacting with students, parents, visitors, and school staff; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records, and school information; follows Governing Board Policies; performs all other related duties as required or assigned.
- Skill in researching and compiling data for reports and technical documents.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and filing systems.
- Ability to use initiative within established organizational policies and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to effectively and independently use the computer hardware (e.g., Windows-based computers), software (e.g., databases, spreadsheets and word processing programs), and general office equipment (e.g., photocopy machines, fax machines) in use at the time of hire.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to: work in a stressful environment requiring great flexibility, react to rapidly changing priorities, work successfully and simultaneously on several tasks.
- Skill in planning, prioritizing, and completing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Skill in writing professional reports and correspondence from brief instructions.
- Skill in understanding, explaining, and applying relevant rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to type and enter data with speed and accuracy at a rate required to perform functions effectively.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures and document procedures as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide excellent customer experiences, including but not limited to interacting tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Commitment to create and sustain a thriving learning and working environment for students and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to use initiative within organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits
- Participation in Arizona State Retirement System
- Education Loan Forgiveness (If eligible)
- Vacation and Personal Leave Plans (for eligible positions)
- Paid Winter and Spring Breaks
Equal Opportunity Employer
|DEPARTMENT: Registration||SALARY SCHEDULE: Education Support Professional|
|LOCATION: Assigned Schools||WORK YEAR: 12 Months|
STARTING HOURLY RATE: $16.13 - $16.87 (PLACEMENT DEPENDS ON SIMILAR EXPERIENCE HELD AND EDUCATION)
The Phoenix Union High School District is proud to serve a diverse population of 28,000 students and 4,000 employees in Arizonas capital city. With a portfolio of comprehensive schools, small specialty schools, support schools, micro schools, magnet programs, and extensive Career & Technical Education (CTE) offerings, PXUs schools of opportunity welcome, love, and inspire all students to go places and do things that matter.
The Credentials Specialist evaluates and verifies transcripts and maintains accurate student records on grades to ensure each student has the correct credits for graduation.
The above essential functions are intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines:
High School diploma or GED equivalent; AND two years experience in a registration office or similar work environment along with one year of general clerical experience.
License and Certification Requirements:
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND ABILITIES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
WHY WORK AT PXU
The Phoenix Union High School District is one of the states largest employers. Our 4,000 education professionals are committed to providing an excellent learning environment for our students while enjoying an inspiring work environment.
The Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, as well as gender identity, gender expression and immigration status. This policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services, and individuals with whom the Board does business.
Student & Family Services
Registrar, Site Administrator