Phoenix Union High School District
21 / 22 SY- SOCIAL WORKER RE-ADVERTISED (CC #3426)
Posted 4 days ago
- 21/22 SY- SOCIAL WORKER RE-ADVERTISED (CC #3426) JobID: 5645
- Position Type:
Certified-Non Teacher/SOCIAL WORKER
- Date Posted:
METRO TECH HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Provides information and acts as a liaison between the District, School, Community, and families including, but not limited to, counseling referrals, home visits and access to community resources.
- Provides direct services to Exceptional Students/General Education Students and their families, within a multi-cultural framework, by providing therapeutic interventions, counseling, crisis intervention (i.e.:
- Provides documentation and data by facilitating and completing accurate and comprehensive reports, surveys and needs assessments.
- Participates in school, District and ADE based meetings, including Exceptional Student Services, Social Work, and other staff meetings and trainings.
- Assists in coordinating and facilitating the placements and return of students to District schools from private placement or any alternative program, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge and engages in ongoing professional development in accordance with the National Association of Social Work Standards and Arizona Department of Education.
- Engages in on-going professional development including the most recent best practices related to ethics and values for School Social Workers.
- Serves as a member of multidisciplinary teams to support academic success and social emotional wellbeing including, but not limited to, Child Abuse Coordinator, Discipline Team, Threat Management Team, Support Services Team, Intervention Team, and Crisis Team.
- Consults with the campus administration to provide Diagnostic Substance Abuse Evaluations and recommendations as needed.
- Submits billing for medical reimbursement for services with designated Exceptional Student populations, as appropriate per licensure.
- Performs other Social Work duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Social Work.
- Licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a LMSW, LCSW preferred.
- Holds valid certificate in school social work from Arizona Department of Education.
- Experience in working with students with special needs.
- Experience in working with diverse and multi-cultural populations.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating school-wide prevention work preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Social Worker DIVISION: Student & Family Services
WORK YEAR: 9 months DEPARTMENT: Support Services
LOCATION: Support Services, Schools SALARY SCHEDULE: Certified
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Social Worker serves the student whose social, emotional and/or family problems interfere with his/her capacity to function adequately within an educational environment. The Social Worker professionally assesses the problem(s) in order to provide and refer for interventions that help eliminate barriers to learning. Interventions may include the school, family, and/or community resources. This professional relationship is dependent upon its confidential nature and may consist of initial assessment interviews, consultation with staff and family, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, community referrals and/or school based support groups.
Will be directly responsible to the Principal/Administrative Designee
|PREPARED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||APPROVED BY:||EFFECTIVE DATE:|
|SFS Division/AT||TA & CTA/AC||Talent/MC||3/05/2020|