Phoenix Union High School District
21 / 22 SY - NURSE INSTRUCTOR - CTE (CC #1728)
Posted 27 days ago
- 21/22 SY - NURSE INSTRUCTOR - CTE (CC #1728) JobID: 6389
- Position Type:
Classroom Teacher/CLASSROOM TEACHER
- Date Posted:
METRO TECH HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing courses to meet the educational needs of students.
- Assistant in evaluting the effectiveness of programs and curriclum through follow-up and checklist, and verbal communication with clinical training stations students, parents, and counselors.
- Participate in planning scheduled classes and assit in making students and counselors aware of the classes offered.
- Arrange traiing station placement and student assignments.
- Work with personnel in student training stations in determining the educational needs as well as the requirements of each individual student.
- Plan a program to meet the educational needs of each individual student.
- Introduce students to available agencies in the community.
- Provide guidance and counseling services to student in cooperation with professional guidance and counseling staff of the school.
- Assist the Medical Arts Program Coordinator/Practical Nursing Director in planning and participate in Advisory Committee meetings.
- Participate in Faculty Meetings and Student/Faculty Forum.
- Sponsor and participate in VICA Club Activities and community projects.
- Assist in planning and supervising MAPS programs Completion/Employer Banquet.
- Assist with Practicual Nurse Grauduation Ceremony.
- Instruct and supervise student at Practical Nurse Graduation Ceremony.
- Maintain community public relations.
- Participate in student recruitment and orientation.
- Develop, evaluate, and revise Learning Activiy Packets.
- Keep abreast of changes and new developments in Nursing.
- Perform other duties as designed.
- Possess a Baccalaureate Degree
- Possess a current Arizona State Vocational Health Occupations Education Teaching Certificate
- Possess a current Registered Nurse License fn the State of Arizona.
- Have three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse In the Medical Surgical area of a hospitals with a minimum of one (I) year experience with the past three (3) years.
- Have ability to work with high school students.
Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
|POSITION TITLE||Medical Arts Instructor Nursing Assistant||DIVISION:|
|WORK YEAR:||9 Months||DEPARTMENT:||Medical Arts|
|LOCATION:||Area Vocational Center||SALARY SCHEDULE:||Teacher|
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Medical Arts Instructor works with the Medical Arts Program Coordinator and other faculty members. Work contracts include students, parents, faculty, administration, counselor, hospital and nursing home personnel.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the student to develop the basic skills, knowledge, and attitudes required of the nursing assitant or orderly which will correlate with the clinical experience in the hospital setting.
Medical Arts Program Coordinator/Practical Nursing Director and/or Cluster Manager.
|PREPARED BY: ||REVIEWED BY: ||APPROVED BY PERSONNEL: ||EFFECTIVE DATE: |