Phoenix Union High School District
21 / 22 TOA, STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Posted 18 days ago
- 21/22 TOA, STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST JobID: 6237
- Position Type:
Teacher on Assignment
- Date Posted:
CEE- TEACHING & LEARNING
- Closing Date:
OPEN TILL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
POSITION TITLE: Staff Development Specialist DIVISION: Teaching and Learning
WORK YEAR: 9 Months DEPARTMENT: Curriculum
LOCATION: Center for Educational Excellence SALARY SCHEDULE: Certificated
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Staff Development Specialist serves as a facilitator and resource person for the continuous improvement of
instruction, student assessment and curriculum. The Staff Development Specialist is also responsible for
researching, designing, implementing and evaluating staff development programs.
1. Design and deliver staff development based on effective practices.
2. Provide feedback and support for continual individual professional development.
3. Serve as coach and mentor to the instructional staff.
4. Aids in the facilitation of a Certified Induction Experience with Talent and Leadership Divisions.
5. Facilitate curriculum development.
6. Assist with organizational development and restructuring efforts.
7. Serve as liaison between the Teaching and Learning division and school(s).
8. Attend division and interdepartmental meetings.
9. Evaluate the staff development and professional learning program and recommend modifications as
10. Research methodologies for improvement of instruction and recommend appropriate expansion of the
program to the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning.
1. Possess a Standard Secondary Teaching Certificate.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. Have a minimum of five (5) years successful teaching experience.
4. Have formal training in instructional delivery and supervision models.
5. Use leadership and human relation skills effectively with adults.
Executive Director of Teaching and Learning and/or designated Director in the Teaching and Learning Division.