Marana Unified School District
21-462 Intervention Specialist
Posted 6 days ago
- 21-462 Intervention Specialist JobID: 2703
- Position Type:
Instructional Support Staff/Intervention Specialist
- Date Posted:
Mountain View High School
Provide at-risk students with the structure, accountability and academic support necessary to help them to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Work with parents and teachers to provide consistent expectations and support for their students.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with students and parents to develop positive intervention plans and accountability for students who may be struggling in academic classes
- Provide support to individual teachers and any of their students who may be struggling in academic classes
- Work with chronically absent students and their parents to develop positive intervention plans for accountability
- Work directly with students and coordinate volunteer efforts for students needing academic remediation
- Contribute to a resource binder of standard operating procedures relating to chronic absences, working with parents, tutoring opportunities and strategies for motivating the unmotivated.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of general clerical functions.
- Knowledge of accepted behavior management techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of specialized teaching techniques for students with special needs or disabilities.
- Demonstrate general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Strong listening skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to assist middle and high school students in all curricula.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Experience working with at-risk students and their parents, including creating appropriate programs and interventions
- Exceptional communication skills with at-risk students and their parents, and the ability to work with people who have a variety of skills, backgrounds and temperaments
- Must possess a patient, positive, and proactive attitude in dealing with students and parents facing difficult challenges
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
This position regularly works indoors (classroom) and outdoors (playground, etc.) in all kinds of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have extensive contact with students, teachers, staff and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$14.40/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
9 Month position - 4 hours/day
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY