Marana Unified School District
21-509 Parent Educator
Posted over 1 month ago
Openings as of 10/14/2020
- 21-509 Parent Educator JobID: 2798
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Parent Educator
- Date Posted:
Responsible for providing group and personalized education experiences to parents by facilitating parenting classes, workshops, support groups and other parenting educational activities and programs.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and conducts parenting classes, workshops, support groups, parent-child play and other parenting educational experiences.
- Conducts individualized personal home visits in support of parenting education.
- Actively participates in the planning, preparation, promotions and evaluation of various parenting activities.
- Prepares the playroom and/or classroom and activities, including clean up and organization of equipment and materials.
- Maintains accurate records and reporting as required. This includes recording accurate attendance and ensuring that parents have completed enrollment forms, monthly reporting and program evaluation instruments.
- Attends Parent Educator and other required meetings.
- Participates in program development activities, including community outreach.
- Participates in district projects as requested.
- Serves in a role of advocacy and leadership in providing a link between families, schools and outside agencies/services.
- Maintains required certification.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with parents of diverse backgrounds and their young children, both in group settings and individually.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the Marana community and schools.
- Ability to provide personal transportation for home visits and intra-district travel.
- Ability to follow a strengths-based curriculum and implement the program as directed.
- Demonstrated general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and computer software programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Bachelors degree in childhood development, education, family life education, psychology, social work, counseling or a closely related field.
- Background education in early childhood development and principles or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AZ Drivers License
- Must possess or be able to qualify for a valid Arizona department of public safety level one fingerprint clearance card.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop and bend. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
Indoors and outdoors, with exposure to all weather conditions and temperatures. Exposure to all types of traffic conditions. Exposure to noise, dust, gas and fumes. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Contact with employees, students, parents and public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$14.40/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
9 Month position - 8 hours/day - while funding continues
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.