Marana Unified School District
21-588 ECE Supervisor (Coyote Trail Elementary)
Posted over 1 month ago
Openings as of 10/14/2020
- 21-588 ECE Supervisor (Coyote Trail Elementary) JobID: 2932
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Extended Learning Opportunities
Responsible for the day to day operation of site Preschool, including lesson planning and facilitation, staffing, parent communications, evaluation, record keeping, and government compliance.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules needed staff to accommodate required teacher to student ratios.
- Supervises, coaches and counsels staff ensuring all district and site goals are met and government regulations are adhered to.
- Plans and implements lessons and other learning activities according to AZ Early Childhood Education and NAEYC standards including social and cognitive enrichment of students.
- Orders and receives required materials and supplies.
- Conducts staff meetings and attends staff developmental training.
- Maintains a minimum of 18 hours of training per year.
- Assures site compliance with DHS requirements.
- Posts payments from parents to proper accounts, reconciles bank deposits, and collects overdue accounts.
- Maintains all required records and files.
- Communicates with parents through parent conferences on a regular basis.
- Maintains a safe, clean and positive learning environment.
- Attends continuing educational programs as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted preschool learning and enrichment methods and behavior management techniques, and knowledge of relevant government regulations.
- Skills in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to operate standard office and computer equipment.
- Ability to lead and supervise others in support of an inclusive and respectful environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with small children and adults.
- Skills in activity and lesson planning.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community business members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- At least 21 years of age
- CDA/ECE certificate from an accredited institution or related college degree
- 2 years previous related experience working with preschool age children
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Current DPS Clearance
- Current TB Test and vaccinations are required by DHS upon hire
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop and bend. The employee may be required to move ten pounds and could occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds.
Works in both indoor and outdoor environments, in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have substantial contact with staff, parents, students and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$13.72/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
9 Month position - 8 hours/day
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY