2nd / 3rd Shift Fork Lift Driver
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The shipping clerk loads and unloads trucks and makes shipping documents, transmits ASNs, and keeps accurate records of inventories and updates/maintains the shipping schedules accordingly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have completed forklift driver training / testing
Able to move material on forklift throughout warehouse or plant safely
Able to load and unload incoming and outgoing trailers
Able to identify incoming and outgoing product by part number
Able to inspect and verify incoming and outgoing shipments for count, weight or damage
Able to organize and stage materials
Able to understand work in process (WIP) material movement
Must know where fabricated and purchased materials are stored
Able to identify different types of rack, stack and move
Able to inventory materials on work list
Able to supply production workers with materials as needed
Responsible for proper collection, disposal and management of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
Able to complete required department documentation
Must be trained on department work instructions and able to easily identify location of same
Must complete the overview for statistical process control
Must have good attendance and a solid safety record
All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMAND
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to properly maintain records and/or reports
- Must be able to communicate in English
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.