Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
2nd Lien - Collections Representative
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Duties & responsibilities
- Receive and review loan information on 1 to 180+ delinquent 2nd lien accounts.
- Contact borrowers in order to cure delinquency, set up payment arrangements, review borrowers response packages for modifications, repayment plans or settle accounts, analyzes financial statements, tax returns, credit reports and the values of the collateral in order to determine and recommend the most feasible and appropriate workout to the customer.
- Accurately underwrites the borrowers income through the review of paystubs, tax documents, benefit statements, business profit and loss statements, etc.
- Identify and recommend optimal workout strategies based on individual borrower circumstances
- Identify and recommend legal strategies as necessary
- Increase frequency of borrower contact based on days since last payment
Skills & abilities
- 1-2+ years of experience within collections and loss mitigation
- Familiarity with tracking databases and the maneuvering around the Internet
- Familiarity with loan terminology, rights, and processes
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail
- Short learning curve to assimilate new skills and tasks
- Superior verbal communication and negotiation skills
- we have the following positions:
- Monday - Thursday 2 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Every other Saturday (8 a.m. to 2 p.m.) and the last Sunday of each month (3 p.m. to 8 p.m.); some weekend work is required. - Saturday shifts are 4 hours in length and assigned on a rotational basis.
- Evening/night positions include a shift premium.
- Weekend workers may get a half-day off during the week.
- Overtime may be available.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Lucrative, fixed bonuses
- Three weeks PTO (paid time off)
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.