7136 - Program Specialist - Unclassified (Rental Assistance Provider)
There are multiple, temporary, grant-funded positions in the Community Action Agency section within the Department of Community Resources & Workforce Development. Must be willing to work in a fast pace environment to include nights and Saturdays with overtime as needed. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: U1
This classification is responsible for performing in support of a functional program or work unit. It is distinguished from the Program Coordinator classification by its focus on participating in the day-to-day activities of a single functional program or work unit. The Program Coordinator focus is on planning and coordinating the day-to-day activities of a single function program. This classification is in the unclassified service and is exempt from the Pima County Merit System Rules.
Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation - accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Participates in the day-to-day operational and support activities of a functional program or work unit;
Provides administrative and other support essential to the completion of program objectives;
Organizes, schedules and conducts various departmental meetings;
Participates in program activities with other departments, governmental agencies and the public;
Provides internal services support by participating in activities with other departments such as Human Resources, Information Technology, Budget, Finance, Purchasing, etc.;
Establishes and maintains liaison with various outside agencies, groups and concerns;
Conducts surveys to gather information for studies or research;
Participates in the development of program goals and objectives and program budgets;
Researches, analyzes and reports on program activities;
May supervise daily staff activities;
May assist in performing public relations activities by speaking and giving demonstrations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- practices of program operations and administration;
- principles and practices of budgeting, accounting and financial management;
- principles and practices of effective supervision;
- practices and procedures for providing internal services.
- developing program goals and objectives;
- explaining and demonstrating program activities and requirements to the public;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- supervising, training and evaluating support personnel.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in management, public or business administration or a field closely related to the program area, as determined by the appointing authority and one year of experience directly related to the nature of the program.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Community Services: Knowledge/experience providing community resources to the public. Duties will include working with households negatively impacted by COVID-19 and timely processing applications for foreclosure, eviction, job loss and/or utility assistance.
- Customer Service: Knowledge/experience directly contacting, corresponding and interacting with the public providing services, either remotely or telephonically. Job responsibilities included conducting eligibility interviews, gathering required documentation from constituents and determining eligibility for COVID-19 or income based rental assistance programs while interpreting multiple grant regulations.
- Data Entry and Databases: Knowledge/experience managing and entering sensitive, high volume data and documents into computer software programs and databases. Duties include appropriate document management, scanning, uploading, data entry and retrieval via multiple databases.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/score against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidates from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process. Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application or appointment.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position. Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation - accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.