9909 - Events Worker
There are multiple, intermittent positions, with rotating days and weekend shifts, in the Kino Sports Complex Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Salary Grade: MS
Performs a variety of general tasks related to County-hosted events including working in the areas of concessions, parking, security, ticket collecting and/or grounds and facility maintenance.
Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation - accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.
(Work assignments may vary depending upon the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Conducts beginning and ending concession and/or supply inventories;
Receives, unpacks, and stores materials, supplies, and equipment;
Receives money from the public in payment for snack and novelty items purchased and makes change;
Maintains and balances cash register funds, and maintains records of money received and items sold;
Maintains clean working conditions in area of assignment in compliance with sanitary regulations;
Performs routine maintenance tasks including weeding, painting, cleaning and field maintenance;
Directs vehicles for event parking;
Maintains security on event grounds and in parking areas;
Performs ticket collecting duties;
Moves equipment and furniture;
Provides janitorial services including restroom clean-up/product re-stocking, trash pick-up, trash can liner replacement and facilities/equipment clean-up.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- basic operation of concessions;
- standard receiving, inventory, and sales practices and procedures;
- simple cash transactions and record maintenance;
- basic arithmetic functions and cash register operation;
- practices, tools and equipment used in the maintenance, repair and cleaning of grounds and facilities;
- general safety and sanitary practices relating to area of assignment.
- providing customer service in large, and sometimes unruly, crowds;
- requisitioning supplies;
- maintaining effective working relationships;
- understanding and following verbal and written instructions;
- performing basic arithmetic calculations and cash register operations;
- performing routine manual labor tasks.
Any combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience in customer service, problem solving and working directly (face to face) with customers.
- Experience in general grounds maintenance work (raking, trimming, etc.)
- Experience in general clean up including restrooms, trash removal, walkways; equipment set up/tear down.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work outside in extreme heat, humidity, dust and cold weather.
- Experience working a variety of settings including events, leagues, tournaments, community activities with crowds of varying sizes.
- Experience setting up and tearing down for events, leagues, tournaments and/or community activities.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process. Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicants suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services review and approval of the candidates driving record. Current first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification (American Red Cross or equivalent) must be acquired prior to completion of initial training. Some positions are required to have a Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Special Notice Item: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: This classification requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and the ability to stand for long periods of time, often under unfavorable weather conditions. Any additional physical and sensory abilities will be determined by the position. All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation - accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.