Mc Lean, VA
Academic Programs Manager
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for an Academic Programs Manager!
Skills to enhance teacher instructional effectiveness, a passion for creating engaged learning environments where teachers thrive, and an unparalleled drive to see exceptional results are what drive our Academic Programs Manager to make the biggest impact on our school. Known for helping students realize high academic outcomes, BASIS Independent School McLean is seeking an Academic Programs Manager to lead teacher development and ensure teachers' learning is as great as what the students see in the classroom.
If you have a record of elevating the teaching effectiveness and results in a school with high expectations, we need to talk!
- Teacher training and development
- Provide direct instruction to teachers on EdTech platforms and software such as BeLA syllabi creation and management, PowerSchool, GradeCam, and benchmarking systems
- Oversee the teacher employee experience, job-related happiness, and success
- Define personal yearly craft and career goals and development plans with teachers through a self-review process; and act as a project manager to execute on the success of goals.
- Collect and analyze data to deliver ongoing development experiences based on whole staff needs, topics to include, best practices for differentiated instruction, effective parent meetings, creating a joyful learning environment, data-driven instruction, etc.
- Own the communication on professional development including publishing a month newsletter for teachers about upcoming external professional development opportunities
- Lead weekly meetings on student grades, assessment scores and attendance, recommend actions to accelerate and support student achievement
- Act as a team with the Director of Academic Programs with master class scheduling and whole-school deliverables like grade, assessment, and social-emotional reports
- Design and lead projects to enact updates for school community based on educational trends, research, and best practice
- Represent department at weekly community events (curriculum chats, whole school meetings)
- Manage one direct-report--School Registrar--oversee and direct their duties and performance
New Staff Onboarding
- Develop, schedule, and deliver teacher and admin onboarding experiences
- Meet retention goals for the longevity of new teachers
- Lead family meetings on student achievement, attendance, and social-emotional learning
- Communicate changes in BASIS Curriculum through newsletters and blog posts
- Work closely with the school managers, teachers, and families to champion student achievement
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates well to all kinds of people. Uses diplomacy and tact.
- Drive for Results: pushes self and others for results.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard. Takes on challenges. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information both verbally and in writing in a clear, complete and concise manner that achieves desired effect.
- Integrity and Trust: Widely trusted. Seen as direct and truthful in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Process Management: Figures out processes needed to get things done
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technology quickly.
Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Certifications and Credentials
Valid fingerprint clearance card. Teaching credential or license preferred.
5 - 8 years teaching experience, plus experience coaching teachers in a school setting; leadership experience preferred
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.