Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Arizona State University
Department Name: FS Travel
Financial Services seeks an Accountant Associate to perform accounting and customer service functions requiring initiative and independent judgment in support of the goals and objectives of Financial Services. This position is a part of the ASU Travel Service Center clerical staff.
$28.03 per hour
- Respond to inquiries via email and phone in a timely and professional manner.
- Audit check register, travel requests and expense reports to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Assist with managing Travel Card Program.
- Utilize various software programs to create student travel profiles.
- Communicate travel policies and procedures to university travelers.
- Assist university travelers in the use of the online travel system.
- Utilize various on-line screens and documents to perform duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field; OR, Four (4) years professional accounting experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in travel reimbursement processing and policies.
- Experience in using the online travel system, Concur.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience using a personal computer and standard Microsoft applications; excel, word, outlook.
- Experience with large volume processing.
- Work in an office setting and use office equipment (i.e. computers, printers, copiers, calculators, telephones).
- Sit or stand for extended periods, travel moderate distances to perform work.
- Communicate perform essential duties.
- Read and interpret written and oral instruction/directions.
- May require lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer-focused, efficient and innovative manner by timely processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU and FS will not provide sponsorship for employment.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view full description or to apply please click this link:
Accountant Assoc | Arizona State University (brassring.com)