Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Accountant / Book Keeper
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Position will support the company with various accounting functions. Staff accountants general roles include bank reconciliation, daily cash analysis, ACH initiations, interest accruals, payroll uploads, and grant reporting, These functions are not all-inclusive and may vary based on business need.
Associates Degree in Accounting and previous work experience in an accounting environment would be beneficial. Proficient in accounting software and comfortable with learning new business software. Possess intermediate Excel skills. Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and external clients.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES (not all-inclusive)
- Download bank statements and reconcile bank accounts.
- Perform cash flow analysis.
- Transfer funds between the companys bank accounts as needed.
- Create invoices.
- Allocate payroll expenses to grants and upload them to accounting system.
- Accrue loan interests and payroll expenses.
- Import daily loan transactions from loan system to accounting system.
- Initiate ACH requests.
- Prepare and upload journal entries
- Prepare grant reports.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts payable and receivables.
- Perform other duties as required.
The statements included in the Job Description reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Must possess excellent technical skills including generally accepted accounting principles and intermediate level of Excel. Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to communicate accounting fundamentals effectively to others. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to Accounting Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.