Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Accountant II. We are seeking someone who enjoys to shine behind the scene, excellent communication skill and passion for problem solving. Do you meet all those criterias? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Finance team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
The Accountant II is responsible for working with and coordinating the work of a number of accounting associates in all aspects of accounting to include: accounts payable, general ledger, and financial reporting. This position reports to an Accounting Manager.
Location & Schedule:
Monday- Friday (hybrid schedule) reporting to our Administration Building located on 3rd St. and Osborne.
Pay: This is an exempt position, starting salary at $59k
Duties & Responsibilities: Under the direction and guidance of the Accounting Manager, this Accountant II will perform many or all of the following functions:
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions including:
- Promptly responds to vendor inquiries/requests.
- Using DocAlpha/DocLink to match, code, and route vendor invoices for approval and payment
- Reviews matching of invoices to receivers, POs, and contracts when applicable and researches/resolves any variances.
- Matches credit card receipts to statements and researches/resolves any variances.
- Verifies taxes are correct when applicable.
- Maintains/updates vendor files in systems for any changes including legal & remittance addresses, 1099 status, portal access, etc.
- Processes/distributes all forms of payments including checks/EFTs/CC/online payments and reports as required.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of the annual 1099 Forms.
- Assists in the annual audit.
- Follows procedures for rent, food and personal allowances processing.
- Maintains accurate Accounts Payable filing system.
- Manages rents and related payments for all leased real property, ensuring timely payment, and reconciliation to vendor statements and leases.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reporting to external parties.
- Maintains highest discretion in department and confidentiality.
- Generates journal entries for accruals and reclasses.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in business with a major in accounting or finance or a minimum of three years directly related experience in accounting.
- Experience with Great Plains and DocLink preferred but not required.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.