Accounts Payable Lead
Job Description SummaryAs an Accounts Payable Lead working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for leading the regional workflow of the centralized accounts payable team, including processing construction, development and overhead related invoices relating to multiple divisions and states. Collaboratively works with all departments and trade partners to ensure appropriate payment and response to internal and external inquires.
We trust that as an Accounts Payable Lead you will: (responsibilities)
- Oversee full cycle accounts payable process
- Lead and develop accounts payable team; provide training and guidance to Accounts Payable Administrators to build a strong and efficient team
- Ensure adherence to all AP policies and procedures
- Coordinate with AP manager to develop AP policies and procedures where needed
- Acts as subject matter expert for AP for day-to-day system enhancements
- Proactively identifies cost savings, and/or cash management techniques to increase working capital efficiency
- Ensure compliance with identified key controls for SOX 404 purposes
- Ensure all invoices/POs are paid within terms
- Interact with vendors and accounting teams to obtain accurate general ledger coding information and resolve payables-related problems
- Review accounts payable edits for errors and ensure any necessary corrections are made
- Demonstrate "Service Excellence" in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate flexibility while operating in a highly professional manner
- Manage vendor relations
- Assist with month end as it relates to accounts payable
- Train and mentor accounts payable staff to ensure timely and accurate processing of payments through obtaining properly approved invoices, committing documents, backup information and lien releases
- Audit to ensure correct GL account number coding and approvals are utilized by Accounts Payable Administrators
- Train and audit staff to ensure proper lien release procedures are followed
- Ensure department recordkeeping is organized and records are easily accessible, with proper backup information
- Handle inquiries regarding invoice status and administers vendor holds and back-charges
- Resolve questions and complaints from internal departments and/or external business partners
- May be asked to assist in the preparation of financial statement schedules
- Oversee all petty cash activity, reconciliation and requests for funding
- Ensure staff is trained and properly verifies that subcontractor and vendor Certificates of Insurance are valid/up to date. Acts as point of contract to resolve issues as needed
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
- Technical knowledge of accounts payable best practices, including autopay
- Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Experience with accounting systems and software, Newstar preferred
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of previous accounts payable experience or related experience, including supervisory experience, preferred
- Residential home-building / construction accounting experience preferred
- Credit report in good standing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.