Lincoln Property Company
Virginia Beach, VA
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working alongside a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
A Day in the Life of an Accounts Payable Supervisor:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will be responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 4 - 8 accounting team members. You will be responsible for cash management operations, which includes all payables, receivables, and the creation of all vendor records for Lincoln Military Housing. You will maintain Vendor Caf, Certify, Purchase Cards, Marketplace, and all depository and operating disbursement bank accounts for Lincoln Military Housing. You will also be responsible for administering various system applications, reviewing and implementing improvements for the cash management procedures, and ensuring financial obligations are met by the company. Your role requires attention to detail and excellent data analysis skills, and working effectively with interrelated groups, including Accounting, Construction, Asset Management, and Property Management.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise the Accounts Payable Department, including managing vendor payments (ACH/checks/wires), tracking daily bank activity, waterfall fund balances, etc.
- Supervise monthly closing of Accounts Payable systems and posting of month-end information to GL.
- Ensure accuracy within account coding transactions, project coding, department allocation, and posting dates.
- Forecasts and monitors cash flow, including cash deposits, cash disbursements, and incoming/outgoing wire transfers.
- Supervise vendor account reconciliations and balances, including identifying, researching, and resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Manager of Certify, Purchase Cards, Marketplace, Vendor Shield, and Vendor Caf.
- Assures adherence to company purchasing policies and procedures, including proper approvals and documentation.
- Assist in preparation of process documentation for a variety of Accounting procedures.
- Gather data and provide as-needed analysis on various items, including but not limited to payables, receivables, utility usage, cost, and other ad hoc assignments.
What You Need for Success:
- Technological capabilities and experience with Microsoft Office (and specifically comprehension of advanced Microsoft Excel functions) is required
- Must be flexible and willing to work an average of 45 to 55 hours weekly based on project demands
- Ability to adapt to an environment. Flexibility is important
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Property Management, Yardi, and Accounting experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Applicant must be detail-oriented, ability to ensure accuracy of work
- Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to communicate with multiple team members, internal clients, and external clients
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years Financial Analysis or equivalent experience
- Prior supervisory experience in accounting
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
- The position requires mobility within the office; use of a computer and other office machinery such as a scanner and copy machine
- Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis
- May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.