Lincoln Property Company
Accounts Receivable / Treasury Supervisor
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working alongside a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
A Day in the Life of a Accounts Receivable /Treasury Supervisor:
As the Accounts Receivable / Treasury (ART) Supervisor you are responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 4-6 accounting team members. You are responsible for ensuring release and confirmation of wire transfers, recording of wire transfers in the general ledger, daily reconciliation of all depository accounts and fraud prevention. You also oversee the resident allotment process, including ensuring that ledgers are updated promptly for rent changes due to pay-grade changes, and that allotments are started and stopped timely in accordance with lease terms. You will ensure timely refund of amounts due back to residents, including rent concessions and move-out refunds. You will oversee the move-out accounting process for all residents, including reconciliation of charges and management of delinquency and collections from former residents. You will implement ACH payments to and collections from residents, and the transition of the Companys credit card portal from Stripe to Yardi. You must be able to work with and provide training on various banking and systems applications. You will regularly review and implement improvements for treasury procedures, and ensure that integrity of financial data and records is maintained at all times. You must possess high attention to detail and excellent data analysis skills as well as the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external customers, including fellow Accounting team members, on-site teams, Project Owner representatives and banking service providers.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable / Treasury Department, including managing incoming payments (ACH/checks/wires/credit cards/resident payments) and reconciling bank activity daily.
- Supervise daily closing of Accounts Receivable systems and posting of incoming deposits, outgoing wires and ACH transactions and former resident delinquency write-offs to the General Ledger.
- Ensure accuracy of recorded rent collections and all other bank transactions.
- Supervise account reconciliations including identifying, researching, and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage former resident delinquency, payments from residents, the allotment process and unclaimed property.
- Assure adherence to company cash management policies and procedures, including proper approvals and documentation.
- Assist in preparation of process documentation for a variety of Accounting/Treasury procedures.
- Lead the transition to ACH payments to and from residents.
- Lead the transition from current credit card portal to Yardi RentCafe.
- Gather data and provide as-needed analysis on various items, including but not limited to resident ledgers, receivables, and other ad hoc assignments.
What You Need for Success:
- Ability to work 45-55 hours per week with potential for more hours at peak times such as month, quarter and year end.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum five years of accounting experience required.
- Prior Accounting Supervisory experience required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, look ups) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Experience in the Property Management industry working with Yardi strongly preferred.
- Work environment is dynamic - adaptability and flexibility are needed for success.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to travel on an ad hoc basis as needed (travel will be planned in advance).
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.