La Frontera EMPACT
ACT Employment Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The primary duties of the Employment Specialist is to provide direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to consumers. Provides direct job development services and employment support services to assist to obtain and maintain community-based employment. Works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage.
- Bachelors degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred or must meet BHT qualifications.
- Previous Supportive experience knowledge of Disability Benefits 101 preferred.
- Experience/Understanding of SAMHSA's models of Permanent Supportive Housing as well as knowledge/use of SPDAT tool and understanding of SAMHSA's Supported Employment model preferred.
- 1 yr experience with local employment resources and collaborating with vocational rehabilitation of employment services.
- Position will require the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings.
- Valid Arizona Drivers License, with no major infractions in the past three years is required.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or be eligible to obtain one.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.