La Frontera EMPACT
ACT Housing Specialist
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
We are looking for an ACT Housing Specialist, this position provides direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to participants. Works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage. Will serve as the ACTs specialist on housing and collaborates with other ACT members to provide housing and housing related services for ACT participants.
- Meets with the participants in the community (80% of time) in accordance with established policies and procedures and clinical protocols to provide housing resources, skill development and other support services as needed.
- Works as part of a clinical team to facilitate recovery and inspire hope for participants while supporting their achievement of service plan goals. Provides ongoing assessment and feedback as to their progress in relation to their service plan.
- Works with consumers Prescribing Clinician, Nurse, and other members of the clinical team to ensure the timely development and implementation of the individuals service plan (including all necessary assessments) and their crisis plan.
- Responsible for transporting participants to necessary services, as outlined in their service plan, as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation in the medical record (in accordance with policies, procedures, and clinical protocols) for all services provided; provide updates and follow weekly client schedule.
- Provide crisis intervention services and on-call coverage as scheduled.
- Participates in daily team meetings as well as any additional individual treatment teams or other team communication meetings as required.
- Works in collaboration with team members to assure compliance with ACT fidelity measures.
- Assists participants and/or oversees team members in assisting participants in the choosing, locating, obtaining, and keeping appropriate housing.
- Works in close collaboration with the Independent Living Specialist, Rehabilitation Specialist, SAS Specialist and other team members to insure coordination of services.
- May cover weekends and holidays as needed and scheduled.
- Coordinate services with outside agencies as needed.
- Bachelors degree in a behavioral health related field OR meet BHT requirements.
- Interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, participants, families, and other community members.
- Good communication skills evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening, and positive interactions.
- Knowledge and experience in HUD, HQS Inspections, Public Housing Programs and auditing of low income housing programs.
- Knowledge of ADA, Fair Housing, other civil rights laws pertaining to affordable housing.
- Experience working in community behavioral health with adults with serious mental illness is required.
- Experience working on an ACT Team is preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required.