Centers Health Care
Director of Recreation/Activities
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is seeking a full-time Activities Director for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Utica, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Activities Director experience in a Long Term Care setting, an upbeat energetic personality, and be tech-savvy.
Oneida Center offers the following benefits:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program!
- Generous pay rates based on experience
- Extra evening and night shift differentials
- Flexible schedules for Full-Time, Part-Time, or Per-Diem status
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Two-Tiered Insurance Plan: Medical and Dental included!
- Plans a variety of engaging activity programs for all days of the week (including evenings, weekend, and holidays)
- Plans activities that are appropriate to the needs of the residents (includes but are not limited to: small and large group programs, individual pursuits, sensory activities, clubs, special interests, spiritual and religious activities, one to one activities, community outings)
- Prepares a monthly calendar of activities that are posted in prominent areas and provided to every resident
- Prepares a monthly staffing schedule that includes evening and weekend and holiday coverage
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are met. (MDS, assessments, care plans)
- Develops a system to record resident participation/attendance
- Participates in morning meetings, department head meetings, care plan meetings, and any other meeting as directed by the facility administrator
- Orders appropriate supplies and equipment for the department
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members. Takes meeting minutes and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed
- Organizes and coordinates special community outings with resident interests in mind
- Arranges regular entertainment, parties, seasonal programs, and special events
- Plans and coordinates staff events at the request of the administrator
- Ensures that the facility is appropriately decorated as per the holiday/season
- Supervises the volunteer program for the facility
- Coordinates community grassroots programming and serves as facility representative at local events
- Responsible for maintaining a bi-monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program
- Adheres to all facility and corporate policies
- Must have activities/recreation experience working in a skilled nursing facility
- Minimum 2 years of age-appropriate experience with 5 years in a full-time activity program
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare. Formerly known as Focus Utica for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Oneida Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Utica, New York. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with. Services at Oneida Center include Skilled Nursing, Respite, Hospice, and Post-acute Rehabilitation and are affiliated with an Assisted Living Program and Adult Day Care. We endeavor to embrace our residents in times of crisis and assist them to leave and/or live here with a sense of well-being, individuality, and independence. Oneida Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.