Aurora Behavioral Health System
Activities Therapist - East Valley
Come join our team of professionals at Aurora Behavioral Health System East. This free standing psychiatric inpatient hospital and outpatient program located in Tempe, AZ is looking for experienced, certified Activities Therapists to provide quality recreational and expressive therapies as an adjunct to patient treatment. Our psychiatric facility is licensed to treat adolescents and adults for a wide range of psychiatric conditions and chemical dependency. The Adjunctive Therapist will be responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing comprehensive recreational therapy at ABHS. The Adjunctive Therapist will interact with adolescent and/or adult patient during daily routine activities consistent with the organization's treatment program design and the principles of normal growth and development.
Full Time & Per Diem Shifts Available
***Music Therapy a plus
- Bachelor degree in Music Therapy, Movement Therapy, Recreational Therapy, Art Therapy, Dance Therapy or completion of a certification program.
- Certification or license preferred: CTRS, Music Therapist, Art Therapist, Movement Therapist ,Yoga, Tai Chi .
- Excellent communication, assessment, evaluation, and interpretation skills.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and addictive disease diagnoses and treatment.
- Teaching or training skills helpful
- Understanding of, or ability to understand, DSM-V methodology.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare field. Inpatient psychiatric experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age and meet qualifications for finger print clearance.
- CPR and CPI certification required within 30 days of hire. May be required to be certified in Basic Water Safety and Rescue.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. ABHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.