Oasis Behavioral Health
Activity Therapist - CTRS
Obtain information from medical records, medical staff, family members or patients themselves to assess patient capabilities, needs and interests.
Plan, organize, direct and participate in treatment programs and activities to facility patient rehabilitation.
Plan and implement expressive therapy, leisure and social activities for patients to ensure that their needs are addressed.
Conduct sessions to improve patient mental and physical well-being, instruct patients in activities and techniques, such are sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques designed to meet their specific needs.
Assess patient needs through observations, medical records, tests and discussions with other healthcare professionals, patient family and patient.
Create treatment plans and programs that meet patient needs and interests.
Plan and implement interventions to prevent harm to a patient.
Engage patients in therapeutic activities, such as exercise, games and community outings.
Help patients learn social skills needed to become or remain independent.
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreational Therapy or related field required.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Three or more years experience in recreation in a healthcare setting with knowledge of patient population served by the facility required.
- Previous experience in recreation in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or currently in the process of obtaining national certification; OR certified in the area of specialty (Art, Dance, Music, etc.) OR clinical professional licensure (LCPC, LPC, etc.) with certification in expressive therapy area required.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card