Actuarial Consultant (cred) - Voluntary
Eligible to Apply Anywhere in the US
This position will support each actuarial function (pricing, valuation and business analysis) for Aetna Voluntary by applying quantitative skills and analytical methods. Leverage strong technical skills to recommend solutions and demonstrate an advanced understanding of actuarial concepts and business acumen. Complete tasks independently with some direction from supervisor.
- Reports to the Director of Actuarial & Underwriting for Aetna Voluntary
- This role will support all key actuarial functions for the Voluntary organization and has potential for career progression as we build out the Actuarial department.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to risk and trend analyses
- New product development and pricing support for Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity product lines
- Support rate filing process and assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards
- Update monthly product performance metrics and perform ad hoc data analysis as assigned
- Support policy reserve system maintenance and monthly close process
- Support the development and maintenance of Underwriting and Sales support tools
- Independently reviews work for accuracy and reasonability. Communicates clear written and oral results to mentor/manager. Anticipates questions and formulates responses.
- Utilizes advanced functionality of actuarial models, tools, systems and reference materials.
- Develops, analyzes and validates statistical data.
- Maintains actuarial systems and tools; identifies system or tool enhancements.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1-3 Actuarial Exams passed and pursuing Associateship with the Society of Actuaries.
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office product suite.
- Candidate should have at least one actuarial exam completed and actively pursuing Associateship with the Society of Actuaries.
- 1+ years of experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity would be helpful.
- Strong technical skills needed.
- Excel (macros), programming and/or data warehouse pulls (e.g. SAS).
- The ideal candidate will have a year or two of actuarial experience, however we will consider brand new actuarial students without experience.
- Experience with the same products we sell preferred but not required: Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity
- Participation in the Actuarial Exam Reimbursement Assistance Arrangement (AERAA) will be supported.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.