Actuarial Director (Cred) - Capital Markets
This role can be a work-from-home position anywhere in the U.S.A.
Market actuary supporting the Capitol market - MD, VA, DC, including the Innovation Health Joint Venture
* Support local market goal of profitable growth and attractive consumer products by serving as a strategic partner and as an actuarial expert
* Establish deep understanding of competitive landscape and competitor prices compare to Aetna rates so that recommended actions can be devised
* Create or facilitate creation of initiatives to drive down cost structure so price points can be competitive and achieve required financial goals
* Create or facilitate creation of initiatives for more attractive products, networks and contract arrangements to fuel growth
* Navigate several data points, possibly contradictory, and justify recommended course of action, recognizing risks and opportunities. Work with different areas to understand those data points.
* Work with several business functions (Sales, Medical Management, Network, Contracting, Product, Finance, Underwriting) to brainstorm initiatives and set up metrics to monitor disciplined execution
* Devise responsible pricing strategies to help grow membership. Recommend decisions that provide least downside and are the best calculated risks
* Foster relationship with local regulators and participate in communications with them proactively and as requested
* Prepare clear verbal and written communication to various audiences (such as JV partners, non-technical, senior management, external)
* Ability for divergent thinking for brainstorming and connecting many ideas and ability for convergent thinking to ensure a recommended course of action and execution
* Influence/motivate resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects.
* Strong voice for local market unique needs while also balancing the need to streamline processes for efficiency
Bachelor's degree along with 5+ years relevant work experience
Must have your ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries)
Strong technical, analytical & financial skills
Ability to communicate effectively with management.
Ability to work collaboratively within work teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organization skills.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.