Vista Community Clinic
Acupuncturist - Per Diem
Bring your Acupuncturist skills to the VCC community that chooses health!
If you can work on a "per diem" basis, we want to hear from you!
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Work in collaboration as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team, displaying clinical competency, professional ethics and sound judgement to perform clinical assessments and develop and provide treatment plans.
- Determine treatment strategies; identify precise locations where needs should be inserted or where electrical or heat stimulation is to be applied
- Explain procedures to patients and prepare them for treatment
- Administer acupuncture treatment using sterile, single use needles at specified locations to stimulate certain points on or near the surface of the body by the insertion of needles to prevent or modify the perception of pain or to normalize physiological functions
- Evaluate the effects of treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patient's progress; modify treatments as needed
- Masters degree from an accredited acupuncture school
- Certified by the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Current license in good standing to practice Acupuncture in the State of California
- Minimum three years experience
- Current CPR Certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Familiarity with Clean Needle Technique protocols; comply with procedures, rules, regulations and laws relating acupuncture
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standards of health care deliver
- Ability to establish empathy to ensure patients feel safe and comfortable during acupuncture treatments
- Willingness and ability to learn and implement new techniques and treatment protocols
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Health Records systems; NextGen preferred