Adjunct Clinical Instructor- Nursing Education
We are seeking for highly energetic, Adjunct Clinical Instructors for an Accelerated Bachelor of Science of Nursing program in the Indianapolis Area. As an Adjunct Clinical Instructor and faculty member, the primary responsibility is the clinical education of the students in the ABSN program. Clinical Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area and are expected to contribute to the education of the students including psychomotor skills, standards of practice, and critical thinking. We are seeking instructors for the Summer 2021 term that begins in May. Adjunct Instructors report to the Director, Nursing Services.
Academic Partner: Marian University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Maternity, OB, Labor and Delivery
- Adult Health
- Mental Health
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the appropriate clinical setting and via the online learning environment.
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism, practice, and research.
- Ensure effective evaluations of student practice.
- Provide a supportive learning environment.
- Monitor student's progress by comparing scores and time schedules of students.
- Provide feedback on progress to Orbis Education through the DNAS and the Regional Vice President for Nursing Operations.
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff.
What You Will Have:
- Clinical, teaching and technology competence: Able to function with professional accountability in clinical settings.
- Practice: Evidence of a minimum of three years of successful professional nursing practice.
- Teaching Experience: Evidence of a minimum two years of teaching experience (preferred).
- Master's degree in nursing is desired or currently enrolled in a Masters program, BSN required.
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired.
- Maintains a current RN license in state of practice.