Saint Paul, MN
Adjunct Clinical Instructor
As an Adjunct Clinical Instructor and faculty member of an
Extended Campus, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs.
Nursing Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area and are expected to
contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service. Adjunct faculty is
accountable to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs but primarily to Clinical Education
Director as supervised by the Vice President for Nursing Operations, Orbis Education, Inc. or
designee. The Vice President recommends faculty appointments for possible candidates. This
description is a statement of minimum expectations and describes a level of performance
expected of all faculty appointed with renewable contracts to the Extended Campus.
Academic Partner: Concordia St. Paul University, Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Target Hire: May, 2021
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Facilitate effective student learning in the appropriate clinical setting and via the online
* Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism,
practice, and research.
* Ensure effective evaluations of student practice.
* Promote maximum erudition in a timely manner.
* Provide a supportive learning environment.
* Monitor student's progress by comparing scores and time schedules of students.
* Provide feedback about the teaching/learning process to Course Coordinators when designated
* Provide feedback on progress to Orbis Education through the Extended Campus Director of
Clinical Education and the Vice President for Nursing Operations.
Contribute to Academic Programs
* Participate in the development and progress of the academic programs by contributing to the
development of curriculum, teaching materials, and evaluation measures.
* Collaborate with the Extended Campus Clinical Education Director/Course Coordinator and
complete assignments as requested.
* Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff.
Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge
* Maintain current knowledge of the extended campuses Nursing curriculum, policies, and
* Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Clinical Competence: Able to function with professional accountability in clinical settings.
* Teaching Competence: Able to create a climate conducive to positive student learning.
* Technology Competence: Able to use computer technology (Word, Power Point, E-mail,
Internet) at a minimum
* Recognize the importance of distance education and be willing to facilitate distance education.
* Must provide a high level of professional nursing care to patients and clients.
* Function as a role model for professional nursing and communicate this role to students.
* Maintain knowledge of health needs of own community and its healthcare services.
* Ability to accept shared responsibility for the planning and implementation of assigned courses,
program planning activities, and other needs of the academic programs.
* Ability to provide a supportive learning environment for students.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, staff, students,
agency personnel, and others as necessary in providing public service.
* Demonstrate commitment to continued professional learning.
* Practice: Evidence of a minimum of two years of successful professional nursing practice.
* Teaching Experience: Evidence of a minimum two years of teaching experience (preferred).
Education and Certifications
* Master's degree in nursing is desired or currently enrolled in a Masters program.
* BSN required.
* Additional ongoing certifications and training desired.
* Maintains a current RN license in state of practice.