Grand Canyon University
Phoenix, AZ, United States
Adjunct - Creative Processes - Traditional Campus - College of Arts and Media
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Arts and Media, which offers programs in theatre, dance education , music education, digital design with specialization in animation and web design, and digital film with specializations in production or screenwriting.
As an adjunct faculty member, youll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, wed like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Candidates should have a bachelors degree in communication arts, graphic design, illustration, animation, fine arts or other related discipline. A Masters degree and 5 or more years experience in the design industry is preferred. Demonstrated skill in rapid visualization and digital illustration is required. Business communication skills are a strong plus. A strong grasp of Adobe Creative Cloud applications used in concert with each other is required. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Rush, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Behance as well as a grasp of how to use shared library assets and collaborative Cloud-based workflow is required. Job titles that fit the criteria: Multimedia Artist, Graphic Designer, Motion Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, Illustrator.
- Technical Requirements: GCU does not provide software or hardware outside of the campus classrooms. Candidates are expected to be able to teach on the most current version of the Adobe software products. A portfolio of current work examples is required with the application to teach.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.