$15-$16 per hour
Monday Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Provides assistance and administrative support to the Day Services Program Department. Receives visitors and answers telephones. Maintains department calendar. Provides administrative and filing support to Program Managers and Department Staff.
- Provide general clerical and typing services to the department including word processing from rough or final drafts, preparing and processing department correspondence, receiving visitors, answering telephones, and preparing reports and special projects
- Receive and greet visitors in the department.
- Organize and maintain data and member information for the department.
- Establish and maintain effective filing and follow-up systems.
- Establish and maintain department calendar.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Make arrangements for coordinating meetings, conferences, and other special events.
- Access requested data and information using database systems, spreadsheets, and other management information.
- Maintain professional working environment and confidentiality.
- Assists Senior Program Manager with transportation issues and needs. Serves as a backup for Senior Program Manager when he/she is not available.
- Provides support in billing, monthly/quarterly/annual report submissions, and issues related to authorized services and member claims.
- Provides backup coverage for receptionist.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience, a plus.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to use independent judgment in setting priorities and making decisions in absence of specific direction.
- Arizona driver's license with no violations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- A high level of English proficiency is required for the completion of work tasks, frequent telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate with staff, parents/guardians, and members, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to communicate with referral sources in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, telephone and fax machine.
- Ability to manage various reporting tools: spreadsheets, word documents, etc. in order to effectively oversee administrative functions of department.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and talk for great lengths of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer terminal, telephone, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement.