We Are Blood
Austin, TX, United States
Want a job with a mission? Work for We are Blood.
Purpose: Provide high-level administrative support for our building maintenance, & Facilities department with occasional support provided to the CEO while being your awesome, unique self.
Ensure departmental efficiency and productivity directly supporting the Director, Risk Management and providing back up assistance to other departmental staff.
- Provide oversight of assigned facilities contractors ensuring quality work is consistently delivered in accordance with the terms of the contract; this includes but is not limited to fleet maintenance services and janitorial services.
- Develop the plan of execution for any special projects assigned
- Coordinate Facilities and Safety Committee meetings to include preparing agendas, presentations, taking minutes and actively participating in both meetings.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain communication efforts in support of departmental contract and insurance matters, as needed.
- Serve as a safety training backup for the Director, Risk Management
- Perform routine inspections of the facilities at the Lamar campus looking for both janitorial issues and facilities related issues that need to be addressed. As necessary inspect the satellite campuses to ensure the janitorial company is performing up to par.
- Research supplier and vendor options for department, draft and process all departmental PO’s using our Terms and Conditions to protect our organization Draft all departmental check requests coordinating appropriate approvals on each and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Provide fleet services support to include conducting vehicle inspections, coordinating the repairs and maintenance for class C vehicles at the Lamar campus, maintain the fleet fuel system serving as the organization’s administrator, request all new and replacement toll tags as needed and maintain a system to track defensive driver training for all approved drivers and notify the Director, Risk Management when employees fail to take the training.
- Maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System ensuring the Facilities supervisor is notified when a work order is not addressed in a timely manner. Additionally run weekly reports showing the back log of work orders and number of outstanding work orders as well as the back log of hours. Maintains Maintenance Connection updates (adds new employees, terminates employees, POs, requestors, key distribution and tracking, etc.)
- Maintain corporate contracts database scanning, updating, and maintenance. Responsible for mailing of all contracts to the other party and tracking via return receipt. Notify contract administrators regarding upcoming contract renewals and expirations. At the direction of the Director, Risk Management send termination letter.
- Request and track the receipt of certificates of insurance from customers and vendors at the outset of any contracts and annually thereafter.
- Prepare and submit required reports for various licenses (city, state, county) after review by the Director, Risk Management
- Prepare and maintain confidential departmental records, filing systems, and coordinates record management for the department.
- Track and review all biohazard waste manifests and ensure any issues are addressed.
- Maintain the OSHA Reportable Injury Log and send out notifications after exposures for baseline, three and six month follow up testing.
- Provide back up support for the Director Risk Management by submitting claims to insurers as appropriate and requesting certificates of insurance from our insurers making sure the certificates are received by the requestor.
- Serve on organizational committees as the risk and facilities department representative.
Skills, Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and 5 or more years’ experience performing risk and/or facilities related tasks. Prefer some college.· Prior property management experience preferred but not required· Must be able to maintain confidentiality, and employ critical thinking skills to make sound judgements and decisions as well as assimilate information and draw appropriate conclusions· Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, working effectively with a wide range of professionals,· Proficiency using software sure as Microsoft Windows, Word, Access, and Excel. Ability to acquire additional computer skills· Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and follow through with little supervision· Ability to work independently with little supervision.· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the staff and the public.· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material.
Physical and Mental Abilities:
- Must be able to use sound judgment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform typing or data entry for extended periods
- Must be able to draw reasonable conclusions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
*****Must be at least 21years of age and have current Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record. Must provide proof of insurance.