Administrative Assistant II (Reg FT)
Position Title: Administrative Assistant II (Reg FT)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Work hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: EXCL - Administrative Assistant II - $42,478
Job Category: Executive Administration Staff
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0627
Job Open Date: 6/16/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Performs advanced paraprofessional assistance to the Campus President or Vice President; responsible for highly responsible and complex clerical and administrative duties; may assign and review the work of assigned clerical personnel.
Job Specifications: Associate's degree or completion of at least 60 college credits, Bachelor's preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience in similar responsible paraprofessional administrative position; excellent organization and communication skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to work under limited supervision. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential. Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to navigate the Internet strongly preferred.
1. Perform a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential paraprofessional administrative duties in support of the Vice President's office.
2. Perform senior level clerical duties including preparing correspondence and reports, organizing and planning projects and functions, scheduling meetings, distributing mail; screening calls and visitors; and organizing file.
3. Interpret and explain College and department policies, rules, and regulations in response to inquiries; refer inquiries as appropriate.
4. Coordinate and make travel arrangements; maintain appointment schedules and calendars; arrange meetings and conferences.
5. Perform accounting functions related to accounts payable or receivables.
6. Maintain time card and payroll records including employee evaluations and disciplinary actions; maintain personnel files and records.
7. Order and purchase supplies for the department.
8. Participate and assist in the administration of a department budget; compile annual budget requests, and recommend expenditure requests for designated accounts.
9. Assist with preparation of meetings, including posting notices, preparing the agenda, assembling background materials, and typing minutes of meetings as assigned.
10. Plan, assign and supervise the work of assigned clerical personnel; assist with the completion of performance evaluations of assigned personnel; train staff in office methods and procedures.
11. Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other College employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
12. Assist in developing department policies and procedures in order to meet department objectives.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4584563
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.