Arizona State University
Arizona State University
ASU Gammage DFA
ASU Cultural Affairs is seeking an experienced office professional to provide advanced administrative support and office management. The ideal candidate will have acute attention to detail, a welcoming demeanor, top-notch administrative skills and an appreciation for the arts. This position is located at Desert Financial Arena. The office houses the ASU Vice President for Cultural Affairs and Executive Director of ASU Gammage as well as several senior level directors. This position has direct contact with high-level visitors from campus, the city/state government and the community. This position is full time, hourly and benefits eligible. Primary hours are Monday–Friday from 8am to 5pm in the office with some nights and weekend hours depending on events. This position reports to the Executive Assistant.
$18.02 - $19.24 per hour; DOE
· Oversee day-to-day front office duties, assuring efficient quality service.
· Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors; assist caller or visitor by answering questions and providing information.
· Supervise, hire, train and schedule student workers including monitoring their work to completion.
· Work with department HR Manager to schedule part-time and student interviews for our department at Desert Financial Arena. Provide office orientation for new full-time employees.
· Draft letters and notecards to staff, performers and donors. Proofreads and corrects grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors for a variety of print pieces, including brochures, newsletters, marketing materials and proposals.
· Organize, maintain and follow-through with record-keeping systems for correspondence, documents, vehicles, parking validation, deliveries, FedEX and supplies.
· Provide administrative support to the ASU Vice President for Cultural Affairs when the Executive Assistant is absent, which includes calendaring.
· Annual coordination of the ASU Gammage Homecoming Block Party Broadway themed tent.
· Coordinate usage of the ASU Cultural Affairs football suite, including invitations, RSVPs, catering, tickets and staff communication.
· Arrange meetings and conferences, assemble necessary materials/information; including coordinating facilities as well as services, creating flyers and notifying attendees.
· Prepare itineraries and ASU travel forms.
· Handle administrative forms for office/department and forward appropriately for processing; initiate work orders with supervisor’s approval.
· Process payments/deposits within 48 hours of receipt.
· Oversee three department vehicles and a golf cart for scheduling and tracking repairs, cleaning and maintenance.
· Coordinate interdepartmental mail run and other student errands.
· Assist with the coordination of staff events.
· Interact with various individuals and units within ASU Gammage to relay information on activities, policies, etc. Initiate responses to inquiries by composing correspondence as directed by supervisor.
· Operate various office equipment including, personal computers, facsimile, photocopier and printers. Ensure equipment is in working order and maintain appropriate supplies.
· Order, track and stock office and break room supplies, including stationery and business cards.
· Run errands, which require driving a 7-passenger van and/or electric golf cart.
· Coordinate purchases of flowers and gifts for performers and business colleagues.
· Coordinate storage and pick-up of surplus equipment and supplies from venue staff.
· Develop a personal code of conduct to help ensure our work environment is welcoming, equitable and supports our department mission and core values along with the ASU Charter.
· Coordinate special projects as assigned and perform other administrative duties as needed.
Four (4) years secretarial/administrative experience; OR, Certificate in Secretarial Science AND three (3) years of secretarial/administrative experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Demonstrated knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
· Experience in customer service and communication skills.
· Experience in typing and use of computer (Apple and Windows operating systems).
· Experience in work that requires high level of attention to detail, follow through and confidentiality.
· Experience in organizing/maintaining a variety of files and records, handling multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a fast pace, deadline-oriented environment.
· Experience in composing letters, proofreading and creating flyers.
· Evidence of good judgment and ability to set priorities.
· Experience in setting priorities for others and supervise student or entry level workers.
· Able to drive on university business and possess a valid US driver license upon employment.
· Communication skills.
· Works in an office setting and use a computer.
· Operates and maintains office equipment.
· Utilizes computer software applications such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Creates and maintains files.
· Safely drives a passenger van and golf cart on university business.
· Process payments/deposits/reimbursements within 48 hours of receiving request.
· Meets, greets, and directs all visitors, staff, and faculty.
· Supervises student workers.
· Maintains the regularly scheduled hours of 8am to 5pm
· Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
ASU Cultural Affairs is comprised of three units - ASU Gammage, ASU 365 Community Union and ASU Kerr. Through the mission of Connecting Communities™ ASU Cultural Affairs makes an impact across the Valley of the Sun through the arts, entertainment, education and events.
ASU Gammage has been a top cultural destination in the Valley for more than 50 years. The Frank Lloyd Wright designed performing arts center located on the Tempe campus of Arizona State University is one of the largest university-based presenters of performing arts in the world and top touring market for Broadway. Home to the Desert Financial Broadway Across America - Arizona and Beyond series, the mission of Connecting Communities™ goes beyond the stage and programs and impacts the community through shared experiences in the arts.
ASU Kerr Cultural Center is a one-of-a-kind, 300 seat, true adobe venue like no other in the Valley. Each season, ASU Kerr welcomes a carefully curated selection of performances that represent the spirit and vision of its namesake Louise Lincoln Kerr.
ASU 365 Community Union represents an innovative new stadium-utilization model that transforms Sun Devil Stadium from a football venue into a university asset used 365 days a year. Strategically located in the heart of the Valley, the ASU 365 Community Union is a cultural hub with programming designed for the entire community. It is a place where diversity is celebrated - a place for students, staff, faculty and local community to eat, play, learn, connect, build relationships, create and innovate. With its official launch in Fall 2019, the ASU 365 Community Union expands a premiere venue for athletic events into a cultural destination for world-class entertainment.
ASU Cultural Affairs is committed to providing a welcoming, equitable and respectful environment for all in order to realize our mission of Connecting Communities™ through the arts, entertainment, education and events. Our core values serve as a guide for daring engagement, respectful dialogue and cross-collaboration.
ASU Cultural Affairs Core Values
Innovative Mindset Support Authenticity Nurture Community
To learn about ASU Gammage, visit: asugammage.com/about
To learn about ASU Kerr, visit: asukerr.com
To learn about ASU 365 Community Union, visit: asu365communityunion.com
To learn about the ASU Charter and goals, visit: president.asu.edu/asu-mission-goals
Total compensation at ASU is more than the salary paid for the valuable work performed. You can estimate the approximate value of your overall compensation here: cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
You also receive the following:
• Comprehensive package of affordable health benefit plans and programs: cfo.asu.edu/benefits
• Access to world-class educational opportunities at deeply discounted rates
• Paid holiday, vacation and sick leave
• Matching retirement contributions
• Discounts from a variety of vendors and service providers for personal expenses
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 68606BR