Diocese of Tucson
Posted over 1 month ago
St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish Office / Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the pastor, business manager, School Principal, or other assigned manager is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support and for performing other varied functions as necessary in a parish or school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in support of the Church and the dioceses spiritual and pastoral mission.
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employees professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Fosters communication and works collaboratively with all Parish and diocesan employees
- Assist with and help coordinate the communication and record keeping of funerals, baptisms, and weddings.
- Work with the parish ministry leaders to ensure adherence to Diocese of Tucson Guidelines for the Prevention of and Response to Sexual Misconduct and the diocesan Code of Conduct
- Assist with the orientation and education of new employees and volunteers on the parish safe environment program to ensure clear understanding of requirements including the Mandatory Reporting Law in the State of Arizona
- Maintain parish registry and other records as required
- Assist with ministry record keeping and communication to parish and families.
- Help maintain schedules and notifications for liturgical events
- Assist the bulletin editor as needed
- Provide support to parish personnel as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.
- A working knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church; must also be a practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets, power point, web based data entry, and internet research; minimum typing skill of 40-50 wpm
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in business or public administration from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- One years experience as a receptionist or secretary in a small, medium or large firm or equivalent experience
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
Covenants of Employment:
St Kateri is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the Parish/School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.