Diocese of Tucson
Administrative Clerk, part-time
Posted over 1 month ago
St Michael the Archangel
Job Title: Administrative Clerk Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: St Michael the Archangel Parish - Florence, AZ,
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor or other assigned manager, or supervisor, is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties in support of the parish or school office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in support of the Church and the dioceses spiritual and pastoral mission.
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employees professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures
- Answer and handle incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide secretarial and word-processing support; Handle accurate filing of documents as requested
- Pick up, sort, and distribute mail as required: assist with bulk mailings
- Type reports, documents, and other correspondence; file and maintain records as necessary
- Maintain required property and other records; maintain confidentiality, physical and information security at all times
- Provide support to management and administrative personnel as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding
- A working knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church; must also be in full communion with the Church
- Type a minimum of 30 WPM
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- Be available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing; ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Graduation from a 2-year college in business or public administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a similar position in a business firm or other establishment
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, English) preferred