Community College of Allegheny County
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Administrative Coordinator (Reg FT)
Administrative Coordinator (Reg FT)
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator (Reg FT)
Department: President's Office
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 5, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Hybrid
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6030
Job Open Date: 5/19/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Performs significant and advanced administrative assistance to the Office of the President; responsible for executive level clerical and administrative duties.
Requirements: Associate's degree (bachelor's preferred). Minimum of three years of experience in similarly responsible positions in complex institutions. Ability to manage complex and multiple projects on behalf of the Office of the President. Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, as well as standard clerical techniques and expertise with Microsoft Office suites and the Internet. Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence; ability to maintain confidential matters with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system; ability to work under limited supervision and exercise good judgment.
• Perform a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential administrative duties in support of the Office of the President.
• Coordinate and make travel arrangements, itineraries and agendas, appointment schedules and calendars; arrange meetings and conferences; compile documents associated with travel related activities.
• Assist with College Event planning, research appropriate venues, coordinate vendor contract, maintain communication with vendors, order catering for events, maintain documentation for each event, help set up and tear down events.
• Perform executive level clerical duties including preparing correspondence and reports, organizing and planning projects, distributing mail; screening calls and visitors; and organizing files.
• Interpret and explain College and department policies, rules, and regulations in response to inquiries; refer inquiries as appropriate.
• Perform accounting functions related to accounts payable or receivables.
• Maintain time card and payroll records including employee evaluations and disciplinary actions; maintain personnel files and records.
• Order and purchase supplies for the department.
• Participate and assist in the administration of a department budget; compile annual budget requests, and recommend expenditure requests for designated accounts.
• Assist with preparation of meetings, including posting notices, preparing the agenda, assembling background materials, and typing minutes of meetings as assigned.
• Plan, assign and supervise the work of assigned clerical personnel; assist with the completion of performance evaluations of assigned personnel; train staff in office methods and procedures.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other College employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Assist in developing department policies and procedures in order to meet department objectives.
• Perform other related duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4213584
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.