Arizona State University
Global Futures Laboratory
The Global Futures Laboratory (GFL) is seeking an Administrative Specialist in the GFL Executive Office based at Tempe campus to provide high-level administrative support in a fast-paced, active office. Under supervision by the Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Vice Provost of Global Futures, the individual will perform diverse and often complex administrative duties of a responsible and confidential nature requiring the ability to use critical thinking and the ability to be extremely adaptable and flexible, while being able to complete tasks with considerable independence. This position manages multiple high-priority activities requiring considerable coordination and follow-through to meet requirements. A successful candidate will demonstrate the skills to take direction, proactively anticipate requirements and potential problems, and problem-solve; take ownership of tasks, manage several projects at one time; evidence of organizational skills and flexibility. Additionally, this position will have some contact with high-level administrative offices and requires skills with tact and diplomacy in maintaining effective working relationships, as well as using sound judgment and discretion.
$43,681 - $55,000 per year; DOE
· Assists in the management of the Vice President/Vice Provost’s calendar.
· Coordinates and arranges for travel, and acts as a delegate in Concur travel system to facilitate and
· complete travel processes.
· Processes expense reimbursements and supplier invoices, and reconciles PCard expenses.
· Assists with coordinating multi-party meetings; including scheduling, preparing agendas and meeting materials, and setting up meeting rooms.
· Compiles, prepares, and maintains background material related to meetings, events and travel; coordinates and tracks follow up.
· Assists with visitor coordination, effectively managing visitors and guests invited by GFL, including both the lead up to and duration of the visits. Tasks involved may include but are not limited to coordinating travel arrangements, visitor agenda and logistics, communicating with agenda participants, and managing meetings during the visit dates.
· Assists with special events where GFL is either the host or participant, where needed. This may include but is not limited to assisting with travel arrangements, event venue logistics, communicating with event speakers and participants.
· Maintains files, both physical and digital.
· Uses software and applications to perform essential duties which may include: Concur Travel, Workday, Sunrise, Microsoft Office Outlook, Google Calendar, Word and Excel; learns and applies emerging technologies as needed.
· Performs all other duties as assigned to meet departmental needs.
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Nine (9) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Experience in meeting and event scheduling and coordination.
· Experience arranging domestic and international travel.
· Experience with multiple software programs such as: Concur, Sunrise, PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook (and Outlook calendaring).
· Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to anticipate needs and be proactive in addressing them.
· Ability to be extremely adaptable and flexible; ready to pivot from one task to another as needed
· Ability to work with considerable independence.
· Ability to take ownership of tasks, to be able manage several projects at one time while meeting tight deadlines.
· Ability to work with culturally-diverse groups.
· Evidence of effective communication skills, both written and oral.
· Experience in using a positive, can-do attitude.
· Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
· Required to stand for varying lengths of time, and walk moderate distances to perform work
· Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
· Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
· Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions of the job
· Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
· This position receives annual managerial review of objectives
Global Futures Laboratory takes a broad look at the trajectory of our planet and the role of global society in shaping it, to gather and synthesize knowledge from many frameworks and to fundamentally alter how we manage the planet in ways that achieve sustained habitability. Global Futures Laboratory harnesses the innovative capacity of academia and develops options for sound management of our planet, in part by finding untapped opportunities that lie between disciplines, schools and existing projects.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: