Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Arizona State University
Department Name: Educ Outreach & Stdt Svcs
Under general supervision, performs complex administrative support duties of a responsible, sensitive and confidential nature requiring considerable independence of action in support of high-level executives of the university.
What’s in it for you:
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes: (Click here to explore options)
- Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- 10 Paid Holidays and competitive Vacation and Sick accruals each Pay Period.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
- ASU Discounts to sports/events along with discounts with ASU partnerships.
- Flexible work arrangements are available in an alternative or hybrid schedule but will be based on the work and the needs of the university and department operations and pending leadership approval.
Currently hiring for the following shift: Monday – Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
$49,000-$52,000 per year; DOE
- Front desk duties to include answering phones, greeting visitors, and directing questions to appropriate offices for resolution.
- Provides general office support, such as receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors, unlocking and locking main suite doors and other opening and closing duties, reviewing incoming mail.
- May supervise student workers to assist with front desk and general office duties.
- Provide general office management, such as coordinating with building management, supply ordering, office-wide communications, and ensuring smooth and efficient office operations.
- Manage or assist in the management of multiple executives’ calendars.
- Works closely with other university offices in coordinating the executives’ involvement in university events.
- Oversee and coordinate events for Senior Vice President’s office, including arranging equipment and catering; sending invitations and managing RSVPs.
- May coordinate and arrange for executives’ travel.
- May compile, prepare, and maintain background material related to meetings, events and travel; coordinates and tracks follow-up as needed.
- Independently composes correspondence on a variety of subjects requiring judgment, originality, and knowledge of issues involved.
- Provide word processing, transcription of dictation, and processing of correspondence and e-mail.
- Schedule and may attend meetings and conferences.
- Maintain files; completes requests, records, submits and tracks all purchase requests/vouchers.
- Collaborate with other support staff in Senior Vice President’s office, engaging in strong teamwork to support the office and its executives.
- May provide back-up to other support staff in the Senior Vice President’s office.
- May assist the department with such support functions as conference room scheduling, classroom scheduling and preparation for meetings.
- Accurately compiles and prepares confidential data for reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Professionally handles multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, confidentiality and outstanding customer service skills.
- Serve as contact and liaison with the community, various stakeholders, students, faculty and staff as well as all internal administrative offices.
- Perform special assignments as requested by senior leadership or supervisor.
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Nine (9) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University policies and procedures OR comparable knowledge and experience.
- Experience in a wide variety of administrative functions including calendaring, scheduling, PowerPoint, and word processing.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of topics, including confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience in having tact and diplomacy and in maintaining effective working relationships.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience supporting high level executive positions.
- Professionally represent department/program
- Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Work collaboratively across various departments within the University as well as with diverse populations and groups
- Use computers effectively – including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen and using mouse and keyboard
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze data
- Supervise Student and/or Staff
- Communicate effectively
- Walk throughout campus for meetings or events, regardless of the weather
- Work collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Climb stairs in locations with no elevator, such as with the mezzanine level of the MU, or Irish Hall
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, TRIO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services, Access ASU and others.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link:
Administrative Specialist | Arizona State University (brassring.com)