Oasis Behavioral Health
Admissions Specialist: Clinical Assessments - Evenings / Nights
We are seeking a dedicated Clinician to serve in our Admissions Department.
Sonora Behavioral Health is the largest inpatient psychiatric hospital in Tucson with 140-beds serving adults, adolescents and children with behavioral health conditions and chemical dependency issues. Join us and youll enjoy tuition reimbursement, competitive salary, and exceptional benefits.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a Behavioral Health field and experience in assessing patients from children to adults.
Come Join Our Team!
ADMISSION CLINICIAN PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Clinical professional responsible for inquiries, assessments and admissions to facility.
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming patients.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy timeframes.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within the facility.
- Communicate projected admissions to designated internal representative in a timely manner.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and other appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Assist individual therapists with concurrent reviews with insurance companies to secure continued treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with other treatment teams.
- Must possess or secure an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Care.