Air Export Coordinator | San Francisco, CA
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Air Export Coordinator to work at a company located in the San Francisco, CA area. The Air Export Coordinator is responsible for processing export shipments while coordinating with the internal customer service group and providing timely updates to external customer. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Close Air waybills timely to meet gateway and airline cutoffs
- Proper Handling of Expedited, Out of Gauge and Hazardous freight
- Print all Necessary Export Documents
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs
- Perform Export Clearance
- Send Pre-advises/ J2J to destination offices / agents
- Communicates with customer service group for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt, report any discrepancies to avoid mis-handling of goods.
- Responsible for timely update of milestones in AS400 operating system.
- As a contingency to Customer Service, the Operations Coordinator will contact customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence and are uploaded properly to document management system.
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints
- Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed with timely updates.
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Set up reporting to monitor key accounts activity/shipments on a daily basis and liaison with both overseas offices and our own
- Assist with additional lane set up as required by customer
- Oversee special projects.as needed
- Coordinate communication between all parties to ensure customer requirements are met
- First point of customer contact for day to day issues/problems
- First point of contact for destination offices and will resolve any issues/problems timely to avoid delays to customer. Also answering destination timely for any corrections required.
- Identify problems and proactively resolve any issues to minimize impact to client and Agility.
- Must possess high level of organization and time management of workload and self
- 3+ years of experience as export coordinator preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a transaction processing role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to work in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in San Francisco, CA
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.