Air Import Clerk | Dallas, TX
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Air Import Clerk to work at a company located in the Dallas, TX area. Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments. Review contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions. Interface with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipments/consolidations. Select carrier/forwarder for shipment of products and prepares documents for freight forwarders. Accurately perform all accounting functions related to the billing, distribution and collection of funds for the client's cargo.
- Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
- Monitor Mawb pre alerts for quick turnaround upon cargo arrival
- Request 1F from import carrier prior to cargo arrival to expedite the recovery process
- Prepare Pickup/Delivery order with required voucher/check for the importer carrier one day prior to cargo arrival
- Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to the Import gateway facility
- Ensure all cargo is received complete and in good order as per Mawb and cargo manifest
- Arrange transfer of cargo and documents to the controlling local branch
- Notify remote branches about shipment arrival
- Work with importing carriers to solve discrepancies
- Ensure all require KPI events are properly recorded in the system
- Follow up with Internal customers to resolve inquires
- Review and issue invoice.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Create invoice for Import Gateway services The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Dallas, TX
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.