Air Import Coordinator | Dallas, TX
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Air Import Coordinator to work at a company located in the Dallas, TX area. The Air Import Coordinator is responsible for processing import shipments while coordinating and maintain excellent customer service. The goal will be to achieve high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-advise Handling
- Responsible for managing commercial terms of freight (i.e. LC, bank releases, check disbursement)
- Arrival Confirmation
- Confirm J2J/Create Jobs
- Validate Billing
- Responsible for confirming credit status
- Generate invoice
- Demurrage management
- Responsible for initiating OS&D
- Issue in-hand Documentation
- Arrange Delivery
- Transfer files to brokerage
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions
- Responsible for informing management of progress and requirements of the department
- Responsible for reviewing all documents
- Notify exceptions to customer service
- Verifies that shipments are processed through U.S. Customs
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the import department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from vendors
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3+ years of experience as import coordinator preferred
- Customs Broker License preferred
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to working in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Dallas, TX
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.