AML / BSA Systems & QC Administrator
This position will provide support to the BSA Department and is responsible for the implementation, daily administration, and upgrades of the Banks AML system, assuring operational viability and availability of anti-money laundering, sanctions, and other bank software programs (Bank mid-level infrastructure). The BSA System Administrator will work closely with the internal departments to manage data and controls. Performs system administration of anti-money laundering, and sanctions software tools.
Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Briley Act) , DoddFrank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program and Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages new system implementations, configuration and maintenance over multiple systems, and supports the implementation of new releases of software. Handles all BSA, AML and OFAC systems related issues. Actively seeks ways to improve system performance, stability, and the user experience. Coordinates with internal departments to ensure proper interaction of other Bank systems with the AML monitoring system.
- Works closely with project teams to develop test requirements, test solutions and test execution meet quality objectives, project scope, and delivery dates. Gathers and writes-up business and system requirements, prepares test scripts, quality controls all changes, develops and codes documents and supports the division for trouble shooting hardware and software. Participates and contributes to ongoing meetings with various departments and third party vendors to discuss progress and issues to be resolved.
- Runs queries against application databases and/or the Bank's data warehouse and assists with the preparation of periodic or ad hoc reports for the AML BSA department (Monthly dashboard, ERM reporting, etc.).
- Develops, documents, and executes model tuning processes for the AML models. Responsible for executing analysis to determine when tuning is required and working with the Director of AML, BSA, OFAC Compliance to document that decision process and implementation.
- Identifies gaps between application usage for current processes and the desired state, designs new processes and assists in process performance measures. Presents findings and works with management to transition to a new process as it relates to their area of expertise. Determines BSA system needs and objectives and consults with the Director of AML, BSA, OFAC Compliance regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Manages the analyzing, trouble shooting and resolving system and network issues within the AML BSA group. Provide system application support to end-users and effectively troubleshoot system application problems. Make system configuration changes or coordinate changes with vendors to correct identified problems.
- Provides continuous training and instruction to users on system application use and business processes. Prepares end-user documentation on system enhancements.
Quality Control Administration
- Manages the development and execution of the BSA, AML, OFAC, Quality Control Program. Manages and executes QC governance, reporting, record retention, issues log, and produce weekly, monthly, reports as needed. Responsible for pulling the extract of completed work items, determining the sample population subject to QC testing and acting as point person for internal and external audits and regulatory exams.
- Applies principles and concepts of quality methods and tools to identify, analyze, improve, and implement business solutions.
- Recommends and facilitates policy and procedural changes. Develops quality standards and ensures alignment with internal practices and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a related field
- 5 years of systems administration experience
- Experience in quality assurance, control or quality improvement
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) required
- Advanced knowledge of BSA/AML Regulatory Reporting, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC requirements
- Analytical skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of financial crime detection and prevention techniques.