Position can be office-based or full-time work from home in any state.
Join a high-performing actuarial team supporting CVS Health and Aetnas Government Services Medicare Advantage business.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to perform pricing and analytic work in support of a department mission to protect Aetnas financial integrity, collaborate with business partners to provide sound risk management advice, anticipate and recognize matters that materially affect financial results, and make sound, unbiased recommendations on these matters.
- Support actuarial function by applying quantitative skills and analytical methods.
- Set own priorities within pre-established overall deadlines.
- Leverage strong technical skills to achieve business solutions and demonstrate understanding of business and product processes.
- Complete tasks independently with some direction from supervisor. Compile and analyze data and prepare exhibits to support plan management.
- Manage personal resources efficiently to complete projects and exhibit innovative use of resources.
- Provide input into decision making process.
- Provide technical support and analysis for planning, forecasting and reporting processes.
- Demonstrate proficiency and familiarity with database and web-based applications.
We are looking for individuals interested in pursuing their ASA/FSA designation(s). We offer a very competitive exam study program and are very supportive of the time/resources necessary to be successful.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Minimum 1+ year(s) actuarial work experience.
- Must have passed 2 - 3 actuarial exams. .
- Strong communication skills and excellent technical ability
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Medicare experience is desired (not required).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.