This position can be work from home anywhere or in any Aetna office in the United States.
- Support Aetnas ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective underwriting.
- Position could be in Medical, Pharmacy, Dental/Vision, or Student Health Underwriting.
- Underwriting support primarily includes identifying, evaluating, and managing risk to maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
- Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new and/or renewal of employer contracts and accountings.
- Assigned cases/book of business include single product types, funding arrangements and/or rating methodologies and progresses to multiple types, arrangements and methodologies with experience and skill development.
- Prepares and delivers routine to moderately complex new business quotes and/or existing business renewals and/or accountings.
- Complexity of work increases as technical skills progress.
-Independently reviews work for accuracy.
- Works with mentor/manager to recommend pricing and/or accounting balance alternatives based on financial analysis, underwriting principals, and business strategy.
- Utilizes basic functionality of underwriting tools, systems, and reference materials to produce accurate quote, renewals and/or accountings within assigned timelines
- Applies underwriting guidelines and escalates underwriting exceptions/financial variances for their assigned cases to the appropriate level.
- With limited supervision, assists sales personnel in explaining rate/fee, accounting balance development and communicating underwriting policy
- Produces timely and accurate customer specific documents, deliverables and accounting related information.
- Conducts audits on premiums, fees and claim wires to ensure all receivables are accurate and accounted for.
- Tracks customer allowances or MBE/WBE goals using compliance guidelines.
- Actively participates in projects or workgroups.
- May identify and support process improvement through automation or process change.
- Assists less experienced underwriters in development of technical skills or specific subject matter.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 1-3 years experience in underwriting/accounting concepts, pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with others to meet/exceed expectations.
- Experience providing clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office suite with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- See Required Qualifications above.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.