Lincoln Property Company
Area Maintenance Director
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
A Day in the Life of an Area Maintenance Director:
As a Lincoln Military Area Maintenance Director, your position is responsible for all maintenance-related matters for the property teams within the assigned portfolio/areas. You will independently assist regional property management and field personnel in implementing and executing various policies, procedures, and programs relating to the overall maintenance of the portfolio/areas. You will be responsible for effectively overseeing large teams of maintenance personnel to perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Oversight, evaluation, hiring, termination and promotion of assigned team member including Maintenance Supervisors, Service Leads, Service Techs, Specialists, Service Coordinators and Service Managers.
- Quality conformance with defined standard through monthly reporting, analysis of reports, site & home visits, facilitated maintenance meetings, implementation and tracking of maintenance programs, implementation and tracking of maintenance training and effective communication.
- Ensuring completion and compliance with LMH reasonable accommodation standards, ADA (Commercial Building) standards and any applicable FHA or government standards or programs applicable to the project facilities.
- Supports and audits all environmental systems and processes by assisting the Regional Facilities Manager and Regional Environmental Manager in completion and implementation of programs established. To include as needed modifications to maintain compliance with applicable installation, state and federal regulations. Regularly monitors compliance with established O&M programs and policies.
- Oversees and conducts regular safety inspections of the property and facilities to correct any unsafe work practice or situation and train maintenance staff in the correct safety procedures.
- Supports hiring managers and recruiting/screening team members in evaluating, interviewing, hiring & training maintenance team members.
- Provide support to the Regional Teams with vendor on boarding to including communication and support for the third party vendor certification process.
- Assists community maintenance staff with mechanical difficulties and as needed maintenance support to ensure quality and timely repairs are accomplished.
- Oversees service requests, make-readies and preventative maintenance inspections are completed in time within the required timeframe according to LMHs quality standards.
- Oversees the preparation and specifications for major planned projects, negotiate and or solicit bids with contractors, vendors for quality conformance to specifications, cost requirements and approval processes.
- Assists with procurement activities to ensure standardization and compliance with purchasing policies and procedures. Works with the Regional Team to identify purchasing initiatives and practices to maximize value to the project and maintain consistent stock levels with quality products for the needs of the project.
- Assists in project asset walks, capital walks, financial reviews and the creation of annual budgets for operating, capital and development.
- Assists Regional Property Management Team, Maintenance Teams & District Teams with customer relations as required and needed.
- Performs various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (PayScan, Yardi, Halogen, Dayforce and other company-related systems).
- Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident functions, seminars, training, and work related events.
What You Need for Success:
- Position requires five or more years of related maintenance/asset management experience or a combination of related course work.
- Advanced level understanding and experience in the following basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, flooring & appliance repair.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, co-workers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Must possess a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions, under all circumstances.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Basic computer skills and ability operate a mobile device and PC.
- Must be available to work flexible schedules, including weekends, off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Ability to independently lift and/or carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.