Martin Marietta - Quivas
Johnstown, CO, United States
Asphalt and Paving Training Instructor
Martin Marietta has immediate openings for the right quality individual to fill our open position in the Greeley Fort Collins area for the Asphalt and Paving Training Instructor position.
This is a career type position with a great company that offers great benefits.
The trainer will be responsible for the daily task training, extended new hire training of all new paving/dirt operational employees as well as existing employees when necessary to task train for new/increased job responsibilities. The trainer will report to the local Operations Manager and will work with the local safety manager to ensure all safety training is completed and documented (including mentors). The goal of the position will be to enhance our new hire’s orientation into our business, train/advance skillsets of existing employees, assist with task training and evaluations. The individual will need to be experienced on a wide variety of equipment and job duties associated with our industry. A likely candidate will have spent time working at all levels of our operations group or similar, be a leader, be safety minded, and have excellent communication skills.
- Train current and new paving district employees on all aspects of operating equipment and maintaining safety around all aspects of our operations, which includes:
- Operational specifications of equipment assigned; including paving machines, rollers, skid steers, front end loaders, motor graders, transfer machines and other equipment
- Proper use of required safety equipment; including personal/vehicle safety equipment, glasses, hardhat, steel toed shoes/boots, fire extinguisher, wheel chocks, etc.
- Site Specific Training; including traffic patterns, loading/unloading procedures, lifting, job site activity, working around other trades, mobile equipment, backing, parking etc.
- Daily pre/post maintenance inspections, record keeping on equipment and coordinating with shop to ensure common findings are addressed.
- Utilize training material as needed from convergence system or other internal/external resources
- Conduct in person training and hands on training
- Coordinate with Safety team and Superintendents in order to establish specific training outline including record retention
- Stay current on changes to equipment, technology and job site procedures
- Participate in all local safety committee functions, incident/accident investigations and coaching of employees to eliminate reoccurrence
- Complete required training and possess the ability to gain various certifications
- Assist safety manager and foreman with tracking of safety mentors
- Fill in and assist with superintendent duties, foreman duties or project manager duties as needed
- Act in a professional, courteous manner, lead by example and performs other duties as required
- 8+ years of experience in the asphalt industry
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Strong knowledge of asphalt products
- Excellent driving, safety and attendance record
- Exemplifies Leadership qualities and the ability to perform well in a team environment
- Self-motivator with an open mind and positive attitude
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Ability to operate Microsoft systems (including Power Point) and Learning Management Systems
- Effective communication/presentation skills and ability to teach and lead other
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
· ...and many more!
Compensation: Starting at $67,500+. Starting wages depend on knowledge, skills and experience.
We are an EOE employer